Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tomato 'Anu' biata!

We had Tomato Arrabiata in a nearby restaurant and thought of trying it out. Here is my attempt to reproduce it in my kitchen. I have seen Arrabiata sauce in Nilgris, but I made it with the pizza sauce I had. Well it was not exactly Arrabiata but Anubiata!
Durrum Spaghetti - as required
Fun foods Pizza sauce - 2 tbsp
Pasta seasoning - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1 chopped
Garlic 7 or 8 pods chopped
Vegetables - 1 cup
(Carrot, cabbage - julienned), beans, cauliflower(parboiled in salt water), capsicum
Paneer - just 2 small cubes
Milk - 1/2 cup
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Oil 1 tbspn
Salt as required

Boil 1 litre of water and add the spaghetti and salt as required. Cook till it is done, strain the water. In a kadai heat the oil, fry the onions, add carrot, beans and fry for couple of minutes then add the cabbage and cauliflower. Add 2 spoons of pizza sauce and keep frying. In the mixie blend together paneer, milk and add corn flour to it(This was not there in the spagetti we had, I wanted paneer in that). Add this and chopped garlic to the veggies. Add salt. Once the vegetables are just done, add the cooked spaghetti and the pasta seasoning. I dint add oil to the cooked spaghetti as we do for noodles as they were not sticking together. Toss for around 2 mins. Finally add the capsicum and remove from fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment