Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pizza Roll


When I saw Twirly Whirly Pizza from Madhuram Eggless Cooking, I was very much inspired. I used to make pizzas with my home made base but didnt try this kind of Rolled ones...

I made the cheeseless version for me and the cheesy one for DH.

APF - 2 1/2 cups
Dry yeast - 3/4 tspn
Salt , Sugar, Water -as required
Honey - 1 tspn
Olive oil - 2 tspn
Toppings of your choice
Pizza spread - as required
Mozzarella cheese - as required

In warm water mix the yeast and keep it for 10 mins. To the Maida add salt, sugar, honey, dissolved yeast and a spoon for Olive oil. Knead the dough into medium consistency, not too soft or not too hard. pour another spoon of olive oil over the dough and cover with a moist cloth.
After an hour again knead the dough and cover it back with the cloth. I kept the dough for 3 hours and in between every hour did the kneading.
Spread the dough using the rolling pin into a square shape( I made it thin bcoz if it is thick rolling with the toppings will be a problem). Spread the pizza spread(I used fun foods pizza spread) over the dough.
I used my usual pizza toppings -baby corns, green peas, onion, tomato, garlic, capsicum on the base, rolled them and cut them into 3 inch pieces, arranged with cheese over the final setting.
Baked the pizza in the OTG for 20 mins at 200 deg celcius and they were yummy!



1 comment:

  1. Just recently I saw pizza rolls in a blog and had bookmarked to try. And here I see it again. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete